Although ImpactOUT is an emerging program, we believe in "the power of now," not "later," and have therefore earmarked a small amount of funding to bestow $250 grants to other emerging programs. This keeps the "pay it forward" concept moving and helps support the work being done in areas that are presently outside of our reach.
We are invested in projects, resources, workshops, campaigns, or other endeavors that create impact in the following areas:
1). Journalism projects that gives truth to power for LGBTQI+ communities.
2). Creative projects through literature or the arts that addresses an issue.
3). Educational projects to promote cultural awareness, inclusivity, diplomacy and pluralism.
4) . Activism through projects or events to promote LGBTQI+ social justice in various areas.
Check back in the Spring of 2019 to apply for for our next Seed Grant cycle.
4Ward Miami is excited to support Maison De La Culture (House of Culture), a nonprofit organization operating in Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) in partnership with their trustee, Amnesty International Cote d'Ivoire, that aims to create a safe, inclusive and diverse space for youth, women, LGBTQI individuals and allies through human rights, cultural arts, and sport.
Their programs focus on:
- Building training curriculum from research-based evidence.
- Building some strong partnerships to initiate a culture of philanthropy.
- Building a strong allyship among youth to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Promote women's rights by training boys and men on Gender based violence to address issues around patriarchy.
- Organize a film festival in Cote d'Ivoire called "Massimadi."
Seed funding provided by 4Ward Miami will specifically go to help fund
Maison De La Culture with:
* Building a library to archive LGBTQI history and documents and a writing center for LGBTQI youth to learn creative writing skills so that they can write and recite their stories in order to promote diversity and inclusion in Cote d'Ivoire and beyond!